Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Praising God No Matter What

The other day I shared the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and how God had equipped them to bloom where they were planted. Their story,however, wasn't finished with them thriving in captivity. God wanted them to go further as living testimonies to His power. Nebuchadnezzar instituted a law that required that all in the land bow down to the god he chose. When the three men refused, they were ordered into the blazing furnace. The men's response shows how much they trusted God:

Daniel 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[c] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”

Notice how they said "even if he does not. . .we will not serve your gods. . ." You might feel like God is asking you to walk through fire but, please, please don't refuse to worship God. To refuse to trust and praise him is to is to say that our God is not big enough, not strong enough, not loving enough to get us through our circumstances. That is simply not true.

Furthermore, these men's faith was not dependent on any predetermined outcome. No matter what happened they were God's children and they would continue to praise him and him alone. Period.

I want you to know that I fully expect that God will heal me of this disease. But if he does not it isn't because he is less of a God. Quite the contrary. He has been with me this whole journey and I could not go one step without his love and provision. I will continue to follow His plan and praise him to the end whenever that is. I will pray that his glory be revealed. No matter what. Period.

Job 1:22
   “Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
   and naked I will depart.[c]
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
   may the name of the LORD be praised.”

No comments:

Post a Comment