Thursday, July 14, 2011

Provision for Blooming

I am fixing to have another surgery--again. This is, quite frankly, getting old. I feel like I am getting ready to walk through fire again, though this surgery is not as extensive as the last. I try to focus on God, draw strength from Him and trust his plan for my life. Most days I do O.K. Coffee and chocolate help too.

Today, I am drawn to the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. By following God's plan for their lives they found themselves thriving in captivity, eventually being promoted to administrators. God had equipped them with all the skills and qualities to help them right where they were planted and they were considered among the wisest of the land. What a living testimony to an awesome God who equips us with everything we need to meet the challenges He sends us.

He certainly has equipped me! I have so many stories that show God's provision during the tough times in my life. God has always been with me, but what a privilege it has been to so visibly witness God working in my life in the last few years. One of the biggest blessings has been my job as an online teacher. God gave me the skills, experience and opportunity to get this job in January of 2009. Little did I know (but God did) that in November of that same year that I would be diagnosed with cancer. Having this job has allowed me the ability to care for my children, adjust my schedule around doctor's appointments, and work from my lap top while recovering from surgeries. If that wasn't enough, I love it. It gives me all the challenges and joys of teaching without the head aches of the non-virtual classroom. Plus I was able to get insurance so I am double covered. God is such a loving and creative God.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment